Put These 5 Procedures To Work For You:
1. Action cures fear. Isolate your fear and then take constructive action. Inaction — doing nothing about a situation — strengthens fear and destroys confidence.
2. Make a supreme effort to put only positive thoughts in your memory bank. Don’t let negative, self-deprecatory thoughts grow into mental monsters. Simply refuse to recall unpleasant events or situations.
3. Put people in proper perspective. Remember, people are more alike, much more alike, than they are different. Get a balanced view of the other fellow. He is just another human being. And develop an understandable attitude. Many people will bark, but it’s a rare one who bites.
4. Practice doing what your conscience tells you is right. This prevents a poisonous guilt complex from developing. Doing what’s right is a very practical rule for success.
5. Make everything about you say, “I’m confident, really confident.” Practice these little techniques in your day-to-day activities: a) Be a front seater. b) Make eye contact. c) Walk 25 percent faster. d) Speak up. e) Smile big.
- from The Magic Of Thinking Big by David Schwartz, Ph.D